What to see in Corcubión
Corcubion, land of calm and bravery
Pazo of the Lamas Family (Lamas Manor)
praza Párroco Francisco Sánchez, 2
private property in use
This pazo, known as Casa del Patín, was built in the 16th century. The north and east façades of the building have been preserved without any great architectural variations. The southern wall is very much transformed and a large estate that bordered the place called Campo da Viña ran along it, and to the west another estate related to the royal salt warehouses of Corcubión. The primitive patín-shaped staircase of this house stands out, giving access to the first floor and the stone balcony (patín, in Galician, means a small terrace where the exterior staircase of a house ends).
Documents published by the researcher Paulino Castiñeira Castro in his book Estudio, Historia de Corcubión, Año 1572-1630, describe the house with the orchard, which makes it identified as the one that Diego de Lamas y Sotomayor, a nobleman of the lineage who founded his ancestor Álvaro Núñez de Lamas on the entiled state of Zas and Brandomil
More information about this pazo can be found in the article written by Alejandro Lamas Costa entitled La evolución de la Casa do Patín, published on 30th of September 2007 in the regional newspaper La Voz de Galicia.